Tuesday, August 10, 2010

A Republican Prayer

A Republican Prayer

Father forgive me for I have sinned
I have taken from the poor and provided for the rich
In your name I have declared wars and taken lives
I have taken bribes and embraced controversy
Hate and deceit have been on my tongue each and every day
I strive to obtain power no matter the cost to my fellow man
Pride has allowed me to sit in places of honor and esteem
While the poor and helpless wonder in the street
I have not been accountable in my moral state
But I have judged others as guilty with no shame
Money and greed have been my only concern
As long as I have mine, who cares if the world burns
Deny my fellow man the same rights I have
Don’t you know marriage is only between a Woman and a Man
I have no respect for the leader elected by choice
But I have questioned his birthright with a loud voice
Can there ever be hope or change for a sinner like me
Or have my choices confirmed my own dark destiny?

No comments:

Post a Comment