Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Poster Boy...Looser!

TSD....update. Ever heard of Mike Gallagher? He is a local hack that has made it on the national conservative stage. This guy is considered to be a conservative all star but let me tell you the rest of the story. Many years ago, Mr. Gallagher was working at WFBC AM in Greenville,SC. He was a talk show host on a tiny scale and his show was typically about local issues such as high school fighting, popular culture and any other minor topic of local interest. I was working with a local church and had arranged for time on his station 1 night per week for 1 hour. I had paid in advance for the time and had lined up sponsors and guest for 2-3 weeks. The show was going to be a religious show aimed at local teenagers and the problems that they face and we were gonna take calls and play some tunes and try to help them cope with life. I made a final visit to the station the day before my 1st show and was called to the office of Mike Gallagher. Turns out, he was the acting station manager. He was very rude and short with me. He wanted to know what my show was about. I told him that is was a Christian based show geared to the youth. He said that he did not want any religious programming on his station and that since he was the manager, that was it and that I was done. I told him that I already had everything lined up and had paid up front. He said he would refund my money and pretty much threw me out. It was not long after this, that he got into trouble and was suspended for some racist remarks that he made on air. I assumed that he was finished and that justice had been served but as it turns out, he has reinvented himself as a conservative...God and Country right wing talker. Let me just say, that if Mike Gallagher is a Christian, conservative and honest person, then George Bush was a Rhode Scholar.

No comments:

Post a Comment